£20.00 + VAT
The job of a forecourt operator is to ensure that their site is operated safely in accordance with the conditions of the Petroleum Regulations. This Fuel Safety course aims to provide forecourt operators with an understanding of the high-risk implications of selling fuel. This includes how and when to use the tannoy, how to deal with the four spillage scenarios, and how to take a vigilant approach to drive offs.
You will be able to...
- Recognise forecourt hazards and your responsibility to carry out safety checks
- Confidently authorise the pump, as well as ask for ID if a customer looks under 16 years of age
- Identify situations when the pump should not be authorised, for example when a customer is smoking or using a mobile phone
- Recognise the warning signs of a potential drive off before authorising the pump
- Deal immediately and safely with small and large spillages
Duration: 20 minutes
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 10 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Accreditation: This course is BIIAB endorsed and CPD accredited.