Emergency First Aid Awareness
£20.00 + VAT
Aimed at those responsible for emergency first aid in their workplace, this course aims to help those individuals understand all first aid arrangements for a variety of injuries. Emergency First Aid provides users with the knowledge and understanding to significantly reduce assessment times when an accident has occurred, allowing treatment to be given at the earliest possible time.
You will be able to...
- Carry out assessments on casualties using DRABCD
- Use correct techniques for resuscitation
- Follow instructions when working with an automated external defibrillator or AED
- List the signs of choking and the steps to treat a casualty with an obstruction in their airway
- Treat wounds and embedded objects
- Classify burns and follow the steps to treat them
- Identify and treat broken bones and sprains
- Recognise the symptoms of a stroke using FAST
Duration: 60 minutes
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Accreditation: This course is certified by the CPD awarding body.