Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
£20.00 + VAT
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is a set of regulations under the Health and Safety at Work Act that are designed to control hazardous substances at work to prevent ill health.
This course is aimed at those handling potentially hazardous substances in the workplace, and helps to identify substances that are harmful to health and how to apply the appropriate controls needed to prevent or reduce exposure to them.
You will be able to...
- Outline the legal framework surrounding COSHH
- Identify hazardous substances and explain how they can cause harm
- Recognise international hazard symbols
- State the five steps of a risk assessment
- Implement control measures to eliminate or reduce the risk of exposure to hazardous substances
Duration: 60 minutes.
Valid: Up to 1 year after purchase.
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.
Endorsement(s): Institute of Hospitality and BIIAB.
Accreditation: CPD awarding body.