Cask Marque Cellar Management
£20.00 + VAT
This course is suitable for publicans and cellar workers, and any member of staff involved in ensuring that beer is stored, prepared and dispensed correctly.
Made in association with Cask Marque, the course providers users with knowledge on what beer is and how it should be stored; focusing mainly on cask ale and keg beers.
For further information on this course, go to: www.cask-marque.co.uk.
You will be able to...
- List the ingredients of beer and explain the process of production
- Follow procedures to maintain high environmental standards in the cellar, including cleanliness and correct temperature
- State procedures for accepting deliveries and storing stock safely
- Explain the stages of conditioning a cask and connecting the beer for sale, using correct cask terminology
- Outline the health and safety issues surrounding gas dispense systems, as well as the steps to safely change a keg
- Observe COSHH regulations to safely use beer line cleaner and other cleaning chemicals
Duration: 60 minutes
Assessment: Learners will be assessed throughout the course, with a total of 25 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.