£20.00 + VAT
This course is intended to provide a basic knowledge of asbestos. It will be of use to individuals who are involved in the refurbishment, maintenance and upkeep of buildings and who may foreseeably disturb the fabric of any building that was built or refurbished before the year 2000. This awareness course is not intended to provide sufficient information, instruction and training to enable employees to carry out works with asbestos or asbestos containing materials. Further training should be undertaken if your job role fits into this category.
You will be able to...
- Explain the properties of asbestos and why it was used
- Give examples of previous uses of asbestos
- State the health effects of asbestos
- Identify who is at risk of asbestos related diseases and state how these risks are controlled
- Outline emergency procedures for dealing with unplanned release of asbestos materials
Duration: 30 minutes
Valid: Up to one year of purchase
Assessment: Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 10 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass and receive a certificate.